Mini scrapbook albums are a wonderful way to turn special memories into treasured keepsakes. Scrapbooking expert, Christine Meyer, demonstrates her method for creating an adorable accordion-style mini scrapbook using products from Paper House Productions' The Polar Express Collection. We love how it comes together with our tag papers and iconic Polar Express imagery, but Christine's technique will work with any style of scrapbook paper and scrapbook stickers.
Supplies Needed for Mini Album
- White Cardstock
- Scoring Tool
- Paper Trimmer
- Scrapbook Paper, such as The Polar Express All Aboard Tags Paper
- Scrapbook Stickers, such as The Polar Express Sticker Pack
Mini Scrapbook Album Instructions
- Cut twelve 2 ¾” X 3 ¾” rectangles from white cardstock
- Cut on the horizontal lines of the tags scrapbook paper
- Score the lines in between each tag
- Use adhesive on the back side of the “Hot Chocolate” tag and connect it with the tag in the upper-right corner that is half Conductor with the Lantern and half The Polar Express Round Trip Ticket.
- Use adhesive on the back of the green tag with presents and connect it to the tag that is half snow globe and half conductor.
- Add white cardstock pieces to each spot on the green backside of the book. Also add white cardstock to tags that you are willing to cover up on the front side. The white space allows for pictures or other ephemera to be added. Christine shows specific examples in the video above.
- Add Sign Post, Railroad Tracks, Train, and “The Polar Express” to the cover of the mini album.
- The inside stickers can be very simple because you want to leave room for personal additions. For each white space add a word or other simple sticker that fits well in that location. You can see Christine's personal choices in the video.